Tuesday 12 October 2010

Ideas for college magazine.

Prior Pursglove College always has activities happening at some point in the year and even has themes for every week, with various events taking place to promote the particular theme; for instance, 2 weeks ago it was Health Week and the college organised stalls that promoted healthy eating, and hired a "Bucking Banana" for fun. Other events, such as a "Britain's Got Talent" styled talent show will shortly be held, dubbed "Prior's Got Talent". I think that this particular show would be an excellent feature as the main headline on my college magazines' front cover, and I also have the perfect idea for a photo which would go with the story as well. I can imagine that the photo will be taken and uploaded to the blog as my next post, and I'm sure whilst adding a few other lines, that would be my front cover finished. Then moving on to the contents page, I will take a picture of someone, employing the rule of thirds technique and placing them on the right hand side of the photo, so I can use the left hand side for my list of contents. The way the rule of thirds works, the reader will be immediatly drawn to the contents, and upon completing this, that will be my college magazine preliminary task completed.

1 comment: